Turkish Duty Free Allowances
- Official Currency: Turkish Lira.
- Currency Code: TRY.
- Currency Symbol: TL.
- Official Language: Turkish.
- Minority Languages: Kurdish, Arabic, Cirassian, Greek, Armenian, Judezmo.
Also see our Tax Free Travel shopping Guide …
Turkey operate the dual channel Red (effects to declare) and Green (nothing to declare) system which apply to arriving travellers, tourists and Turkish nationals.
Personal belongings including medicines for your own personal use are exempt from duty.
Duty Free Exemptions apply for the following items purchased before your arrival in Turkey, and unless stated, you must be over 18 years of age.
- 200 cigarettes plus 10 cigars plus 200 gms of tobacco to include cigarette papers. OR
- 200 grammes of pipe tobacco or 50 gms of snuff or 200 grammes of chewing tobacco.
- 1 x 1 litre bottle of wines or spirits.
- 2 x 70 cl bottle of wines or spirits.
- 5 bottles of perfume not exceeding 120 ml each.
- Personal gifts to the maximum value of €300 and €145 for those under 15.
- Other beverages: Coffee beans (1kg), Instant Coffee (1kg), Tea (500g), Chocolate (1kg).
You may also purchase additional items: 400 cigarettes, 100 cigars and 500g of pipe tobacco at the duty free arrivals store.
Remember duty free allowances change, so please check before you travel.