Duty Free Allowances – Taiwan
All arriving passengers including tourists to Taiwan are allowed a duty free allowance.In some cases these allowances are subject to frequency of visits and if you are 20 years of age or older these allowances will include tobacco and alcohol.See our shopping guide to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
Personal duty free allowances for Taiwan are:
- A reasonable quantity of perfume for your own use in relation to the length of your visit.
- Allowances for those over the age of 20: Presents, gifts and personal belongings up to but not exceeding TWD 20,000 (New Taiwan Dollar or NT$), provided your last visit to Taipei was more than 30 days ago.
- Allowances for those under the age of 20: Presents, gifts and personal belongings up to but not exceeding TWD 10,000 (New Taiwan Dollar or NT$), and again provided the visit to Taipei was more than 30 days ago.
- 200 Cigarettes OR 25 Cigars OR 454 gms of rolling tobacco.
- 1 bottle, not exceeding 1 litre, of alcohol.
Please always remember to check before you travel. Duty free rules and regulations for Taiwan are subject to change without notice