Indian Duty Free Allowances
Few operations in India are simple and easy, and the duty free allowance rules and regulations are a good example.
For our guide, we focus on “visiting tourists”.To qualify for the allowances, below, you must be 18 years of age or older, your stay in India must be more than 24 hours and last no more than 6 months. The rules/allowances we list here differ for residents of Pakistan, Bhutan, China, Myanmar and Nepal and also returning Indian nationals.
Tax Free Travel Shopping Guide to ……
- Bengaluru International Airport
- Delhi Indira Gandhi Airport
- Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Airport
- Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
New Indian Duty Free Allowances 2015: Tourists Only.
- 100 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 150g of tobacco products.
- 2 Litres of alcohol.
- 2 ounces/60 ml of perfume.
- Personal used possessions for everyday use which may include one laptop computer.
- A reasonable quantity of medicines in relation to the length of your stay for personal use only.
- Gifts and presents up to the value of 8000 (eight thousand) Indian Rupees.
Please remember that all countries change their duty free and tax free allowances regularly, so please check with either your airline or travel agent before you travel.For further information we attach this outside link: www.cbec.gov.in/travellers.htm