Egypt Duty Free Regulations
All arriving adult passengers and tourists to Egypt (officially the Arab Republic of Egypt) are permitted the following items and effects free of duty and taxes.
These allowances apply to all sea ports, land crossings and airports.
Allowances are current as of March 2013.
See our guide to Shopping at Cairo Airport
200 cigarettes OR 200 gms of tobacco OR 25 cigars.
2 litres of alcoholic spirit.
A reasonable amount of eau de toilette and perfume for your own personal use.
Private and personal effects including clothing are permitted. Additional items e.g. Camera, fishing and/or diving equipment must be declared and all items must accompany on deplarture or you will be taxed on their value.
There is no limit on currency, but amounts in excess of 500 EGP (Egyptian Pounds) must be declared on arrival.
Always check before you travel. Allowances are subject to change will little or no notice.
Duty free shopping is available at the following Egyptian airports.
- Alexandria International Airport (ALY)
- Aswan International Airport (ASW)
- Cairo International Airport (CAI)
- El Arish International Airport (AAC)
- Hurghada International Airport (HRG)
- Luxor International Airport (LXR)
- Marsa Alam International Airport (RMF)
- Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport (SSH)
- Sohag International Airport (HMB)
- St. Catherine International Airport (SKV)
- Taba International Airport (TCP)