Bangladesh, like most countries, allows those visiting travellers and tourists an allowance of items they may bring into the country free of duties and taxes.Here is our quick guide to the duty free allowances currently valid for travel to Bangladesh.
Remember, duty free rules are subject to change with little or no notice, so please do check before you travel.
Duty-free items, listed below, may accompany you or may be bought at the duty-free shop at Dhaka Airport on arrival.
See our shopping guide to: Dhaka Hazrat Shahjalal International AirportPersonal Allowances
- Tobacco: 200 cigarettes OR 50 cigars OR 226 grams (8 oz) of rolling tobacco.
- Alcohol: 2 bottles of alcoholic spirits (visiting non-Muslim tourists only) or 1 bottle of alcoholic spirit if visiting for purposes other than tourism (again non-Muslims only)
- Eau de toilette & perfumes: Up to 10 oz.
- Gifts & Presents: Up to the value of BDT 500 (Bangladesh Taka).
- Foreign Currency: Currency exceeding $150 USD must be declared on arrival.