Abu Dhabi Duty Free Allowances
Currency: Dirham (AED)
Local Time: GMT+4
International Dialling Code: +971
Area Code: 2
Banking Hours: Closed Fridays
Duty-free allowances for tourists and visitors to Abu Dhabi.
“Make sure that you are aware of the contents of your luggage and ensure that no-one has been able to tamper with it. You will be held personally liable for any contraband or illicit goods found on your person or in your luggage.”
- Gifts, including perfume, up to the value of AED 3000.
- Cigarettes and Cigars: 400.
- Rolling Tobacco: Up to 2 kilos. This does not include chewing tobacco or snuffing tobacco.
- Alcohol: 4 Litres of alcohol are allowed.
- Currency: You may bring in cash, foreign currency and travellers cheques up to AED 40000. Amounts over this limit must be declared to Customs on arrival.
Arrivals by vehicle
If you are entering Abu Dhabi as a tourist or foreign visitor in a vehicle, the above duty free allowances will apply. However, you will need and must present these documents in addition to your passport.
1. Registration document for the vehicle.
2. Driver’s license as well as the a valid Passport for the driver.
3. Declare the contents of the vehicle including foreign currency.
See our shopping guide to Abu Dhabi International Airport
Duty free rules and Customs regulations are subject to change with little or no prior notice. Please check before you travel http://www.auhcustoms.gov.ae/ar/index.aspx