Duty Free Allowances – Greece ….
All travellers, visitors and tourists to Greece are allowed a duty free allowance on goods they bring in with them.The amount of goods allowed will depend on where you are arriving from:
- Arriving with goods purchased within the EU (European Union)
- Arriving from outside the EU.
Arriving from within the European Union
These rules apply to all persons over the age of 17, and must be for your own personal use.
- Tobacco: Either 800 cigarettes, or 200 cigars, or 400 cigarillos, or 1kg of rolling/pipe/cigarette tobacco.
- Alcohol: 10 litres of spirits over 22% abv, or 20 litres which have an alcohol content of less than 22%, or 90 litres of wine, or 110 litres of beer.
- Perfume: There is no limit, but must be a reasonable amount for your own personal use.
- Medicine: Again, there is no limit on medicines provided they are for your own personal use. You are advised to have them within their original packaging.
Arriving from outside the EU
Again this applies to travellers and tourists over the age of 17.
- Tobacco: 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 100 cigarillos, or 250 grams of tobacco.
- Alcohol: 1 litre of spirits over 22% abv, or 2 litres of spirits under 22% abv. In addition you are allowed 4 litres of wine and 16 litres of beer.
- Medicines: No limit, but these must be for your own personal use.
See our Tax Free Travel shopping guide to ….